Please carefully read and understand this Policy.
By clicking on the “I Consent” button below, you expressly consent to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
Moreover, by opting in to receive promotional and marketing materials, you give permission to PepsiCo to send you, from time to time, direct and indirect marketing materials and advertising information on products and services available from PepsiCo, its affiliates, and business partners, based on your customer profile and behavior and to contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. When PepsiCo contacts you on behalf of its subsidiaries, affiliates and business partners, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to such third party.
This Policy applies to Personal Data collected only directly through or from the Website. It does not apply to Personal Data collected from offline resources and communications, such as information you may send to us in a postal letter or give to us in a phone call. This Policy also does not apply to third-party online resources to which PepsiCo Websites may link, because PepsiCo does not control their content or their privacy practices.
Collection of your Personal Data
PepsiCo collects the following Personal Data through this Website:
- personally identifiable information, your e-mail address, name, social media account details, home or work address or telephone number;
- anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites; information about your computer hardware and software that are automatically collected by PepsiCo namely: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Website addresses used by PepsiCo for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website.
When you register with PepsiCo’s Website, we use your Personal Data to create a customized Web experience for you and to improve our services and (i) improve the content and layout of the Website, or (ii) develop products, marketing, and promotions internally at PepsiCo.
PepsiCo keeps track of the Websites and pages our customers visit within PepsiCo, in order to determine what PepsiCo services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within PepsiCo to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
In relation to the Personal Data, PepsiCo is the personal information controller (“PIC”) which means that it determines what information is collected, or the purpose or extent of the processing of the Personal Data.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose Personal Data through PepsiCo public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. PepsiCo does not read any of your private online communications.
All voluntarily declared Personal Data posted by an individual in public areas on the Website, such as chat rooms or bulletin boards is disclosed at the risk of the user and PepsiCo shall not be responsible or liable for any misuse of such voluntarily disclosed Personal Data. PepsiCo will, however, use, disclose or process such Personal Data only as provided herein.
While PepsiCo may monitor or review the information posted to the public areas of the Website, it is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of such public areas of the Website in general or for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in the Website.
PepsiCo encourages you to review the privacy statements of Websites you choose to link to from PepsiCo so that you can understand how those Websites collect, use and share your information. PepsiCo is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Websites outside of the Website. We do not collect financial or other sensitive data/information from our users. PepsiCo will not collect any Personal Data about you through this Website unless you have provided it to us voluntarily.
Purposes of Data Processing
PepsiCo collects, uses and otherwise processes your Personal Data:
- to operate the Website and otherwise execute efforts to improve Website user satisfaction;
- to host our services and maintain our data storage facilities;
- to deliver the services you have requested;
- to conduct research and analytics;
- to provide you with information you have requested or agreed to receive, including promotional and marketing materials to inform you of other products or services available from PepsiCo, its affiliates and business partners;
- to contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered by PepsiCo, its affiliates and business partners;
- to investigate complaints, reply to inquiries or resolve issues;
- to comply with legal requirements or processes or governmental requests such as in response to a court order or a subpoena; and
- in case of merger, acquisition or other public offering of all or part of the business or assets of PepsiCo.
Scope and Method of Collection and Processing
We use standard manual and computerized methods and systems to file, store and process Personal Data. Collection and processing of Personal Data shall be in accordance with the principles of this Policy and as required by law.
Transfers or Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
Third-Party Service Providers
Your Personal Data may be transferred or disclosed to third parties that PepsiCo has engaged to enable it to achieve the purposes set out above, including but not limited to Trusted Partners who provide us services and assist us to:
- perform statistical analysis
- send you email or postal mail
- provide customer support, or
- arrange for deliveries.
All such Trusted Partners are third-party service providers which are prohibited from using your Personal Data except to provide these services to PepsiCo and are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. Any Personal Data outsourced to such third-party service providers are subject to appropriate written agreements specifying that Personal Data shall only be processed upon the documented instructions of PepsiCo, imposing an obligation of confidentiality on persons authorized to process the Personal Data, and implementing appropriate security requirements for compliance with the DPA including the conduct of annual audits of such service providers to ensure adequate safeguards are implemented by such service providers.
Some of these entities may be outside the Philippines and the transfer of Personal Data to them shall be cross-border.
Disclosure of Aggregate Information
On occasion, aggregate information, that does not identify any particular user may be complied and shared with subsidiaries and affiliates of the Company, strategic partners, merchants and advertisers. PepsiCo does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Aside from age and gender which are collected, used and processed as provided in this Policy, PepsiCo will not use or disclose other Sensitive Personal Information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Please note that PepsiCo does not request Personal Data by sending e-mails. We only collect such information on our Site. If you receive an e-mail purporting to be from us that solicits Personal Data, do not respond to it.
PepsiCo will disclose your Personal Data, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on PepsiCo or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of PepsiCo; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of PepsiCo, or the public.
Retention of Personal Data
We shall retain and use your Personal Data as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information was obtained, or for the establishment, exercise or defense or legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law.
Security of Personal Data
The security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of your Personal Data are important to PepsiCo. We strictly enforce and implement administrative, technical, organizational and physical security measures for the protection of Personal Data against accidental loss or destruction, unlawful or unauthorized access and disclosure, fraudulent misuse, alteration and contamination of the Personal Data you provide on this Website. We use secure socket layer (SSL) technology to help keep the Personal Data you provide on this site secure.
Rights of Data Subjects
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the Data Privacy Act (“DPA”):
- The right to access. Upon your request, you may be provided access to your Personal Data that we collect and process. You also have the right, insofar as allowed by law, to request access to the circumstances relating to the collection and processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to make corrections. You have the right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in the Personal Data and have us correct it immediately and accordingly, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data, including processing for direct marketing, automated processing or profiling. You also have the right to be notified and given an opportunity to withhold consent to further processing in case of amendment to the information supplied to you. Once you object or withhold consent, we will no longer process the Personal Data unless:
- The Personal Data is needed pursuant to a subpoena;
- The collection and processing are undertaken pursuant to any lawful basis or as a result of, or when necessary in relation to, a legal obligation or other criteria where the data is not covered by the DPA.
You may at any time opt-out of receiving direct and indirect marketing materials and advertising information on products and services available from PepsiCo, its affiliates, and business partners, by clicking on icons on the account profile page, or clicking on the unsubscribe button in the e-mail or by otherwise sending your request to the Data Protection Officer’s contact email as provided below. However, if you ask us to stop collecting, using, disclosing or processing your Personal Data, we may not be able to offer you certain services available only to those who do register certain Personal Data on the Website.
- The right to erasure or blocking. You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your Personal Data from our filing system (i) if there is no other legal ground or overriding legitimate interest for the processing, or (ii) when there is substantial proof that your Personal Data is incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for a purpose not authorized, or no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. We may notify third parties who have previously received such processed Personal Data.
- The right to damages. You have the right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of Personal Data, taking into account any violation of your rights as a data subject as provided by the DPA.
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”) subject to its guidelines for the exercise of such right.
- The right to data portability. Where your Personal Data is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, you have a right to obtain a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows for your further use, subject to the NPC’s standards, procedures and other rules for the exercise of such right.
- Transmissibility of rights of the data subject. Should you pass away or be incapacitated or incapable of exercising your rights above, your lawful heirs and assigns may invoke your rights in your stead.
- Limitation on rights. The immediately preceding rights are not applicable if your processed Personal Data are used only for the needs of scientific and statistical research and no activities are carried out or no decisions are taken in relation to you, on the basis of such data. Your rights as a data subject remain shall be subject to all other limitations provided by law.
Minors or Persons under the Age of Eighteen (18)
PepsiCo does not knowingly solicit, collect, use, disclose or process Personal Data of minors below eighteen (18) years of age without obtaining prior consent from a person with parental responsibility. Minors must review the Policy with their parents or guardians who shall agree to the Policy in order for such minors to use this Website. Consent provided to this Policy is assumed to have been given by persons aged eighteen (18) and above. PepsiCo shall not, under any circumstances, be liable for any consequences, legal or otherwise, arising from any misrepresentation and/or false information provided to it regarding the age of the data subject.
User-Generated Content Functions
“Cookies” – What Information Is Being Stored?
The Website uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of Websites you visit.
As most Websites do, we do track usage patterns on our Website on an anonymous basis. Your identity cannot reasonably be ascertained from this information. Each time you visit our Website, our server records your Internet Service Provider, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit and the documents downloaded, the searches you performed, and the referring URL’s you came from. We use this non-Personal Data to optimize our Website service.
Changes To This Statement
PepsiCo reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time and we will take reasonable steps to advise you of any material changes. PepsiCo will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. PepsiCo encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how PepsiCo is protecting your information.
If you have any queries about this Policy and our use of Personal Data, have suggestions on how we may improve the Policy, or wish to have access to your Personal Data in our records, please contact PepsiCo’s Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) through the contact details provided below:
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Updates to Policy